Last updated: December 2, 2019
The Urban Morphometrics Symposium (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the The Urban Morphometrics Symposium website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
What data do we collect?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address,
- Job description,
- Information related to your research proposal (title and summary of research proposal).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Urban Morphometrics Lab with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
In addition to that, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
How will we use your data?
The Urban Morphometrics Lab collects your data so that we can:
- Manage and process your submission.
- Email you with information on the outcome of your submission and general information on the Urban Morphometrics Symposium
- Email you with information on other products, services and events we think you might be interested in.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
What are your data protection rights?
- The right to access – You have the right to request The Urban Morphometrics Lab for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Urban Morphometrics Lab correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Urban Morphometrics Lab erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Urban Morphometrics Lab restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Urban Morphometrics Lab’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Urban Morphometrics Lab transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
In addition, remember that even if you have agreed to be contacted by us with, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop The Urban Morphometrics Lab from contacting you or giving your data to other members of The Urban Morphometrics Lab.If you make a request please contact us, we have 30 days to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance with Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.